Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dolph Ziggler Aims To Be The Best, The Spirit Squad, & More

Dolph Ziggler reveals in an interview with the Ottawa Sun that he wants to be known as the best wrestler of all-time.

"I don't want it to be just a pipedream, I want to be the best," says Ziggler. "It's something that drives me. I don't want there to be a debate about who's the best, whether it's Ric Flair or Shawn Michaels or me. I want to make sure that they talk about Dolph Ziggler being the best wrestler ever."

While his break in WWE came as a member of The Spirit Squad, he says he wasn't thrilled with the idea.

"I was caught a little off guard, almost heartbroken," he says. "I had trained to be a bad-ass fighter and then they wanted me to be a cheerleader? But it gave us the experience, to be in the ring with the best wrestlers. When that was done, it was me going, 'OK, now I've had some time, give me something more along the lines of me being myself."

Ziggler also discusses Sunday's Money in the Bank pay-per-view, his wishlist of dream matches, the Ziggler character, and more. The interview can be read at http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/

No comments:

Post a Comment