Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Undertaker Speaks - Lesnar's Loss & Future, Batista/Lashley

WWE legend The Undertaker conducted a rare out-of-character interview with FightMagazine.com following Saturday night's UFC 121 PPV in Anaheim, California. The Undertaker spoke mostly about mixed martial arts, saying once again that he would have almost certainly become an MMA fighter if the sport was this popular 25 years ago when he was getting into wrestling. He also said he's near the end of his wrestling career and hopes to work behind the scenes after his days in the ring are over.

Here are some highlights of what 'Taker said about:

Brock Lesnar's Loss at UFC 121: "I didn't think it would go that way that early. I thought he would be able to overpower Cain and use his strength against him. It kind of caught me off guard the way it ended up"

What's Next For Brock: "I think he showed how he rebounds after he loses a fight. This is what, Brock's sixth fight? What he's accomplished with six fights is remarkable. That goes back to his incredible strength and wrestling background. You study your film, you study your tape, you get back in the gym, and you make your corrections. I think Brock will be a better fighter. Things happen. I figure he'll go back and look at this fight and make some tweaks to his game plan. I can't wait to see it again."

Batista vs. Bobby Lashley: "It's an attraction. I don't know which way to call it.. Bobby was doing good. He didn't look too great his last time out. I guess he was sick or something like that. And Bautista is just getting started. I know Bautista is really motivated to fight. I think he should get a couple fights under his belt before he steps in there with somebody of - Bobby has a tremendous wrestling background. ... I think that might give Bobby the edge. But, you never know what's going to happen."

No comments:

Post a Comment