Saturday, October 16, 2010

Batista Speaks Out - Why He Left WWE + A Possible Return

-- Josh Stewart of ESPN.com's "Page 2" is featuring a quote from former WWE star Dave Batista addressing why he made a decision to leave WWE and pursue a career in mixed martial arts.

On Why He Left WWE:

"I didn't agree with the direction the company was going in. It was geared more toward the PG rating. I fell in love with wrestling again in the late '90s with 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin and 'The Rock' Dwayne Johnson … It was edgy, and that was the kind of wrestling I knew and loved. It wasn't like that anymore, and my passion for it died a little bit."

On What He Tells People He Does Now:

"I just tell them I'm unemployed. They look at me kind of funny."

On Getting Punched For Real In MMA:

"I was also a bouncer for 10 years, so I've been punched in the face. I've punched people in the face. It's nothing new to me. As long as somebody doesn't send me into having surgery. I'm fine with it."

On A Possible Return To WWE:

"I'm hoping the cycle will come around again, and it'll get a little edgy and it'll be my time to come back and shine a little bit. I love kids. I'm not anti-kids. I just don't think kids are going to relate to me the same way they're going to guys like John Cena, guys who are, to me, more bubblegum. There's nothing bubblegum about me."

You can check out the full article at http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/

1 comment:

  1. dave should came back 2 wwe,and take out wade barrett and his gay members.i miss watching dave kick ass on anybody in wwe?it would bee gud if he did came back and take on austin or the rock....

    ReplyDelete