Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mick Foley Speaks Out - TNA's Name Change, Growth & More

Mick Foley recently spoke to IGN.com about the changes to the TNA product, here are the highlights…

On The Change to Impact Wrestling: "I love it. For example, I am proudly wearing my Impact Wrestling shirt right now during my publicity day. I'll probably change it tomorrow just out of necessity, but if I has a second clean one I'd wear it. Not that I wasn't proud of TNA, but it was confusing and people didn't always know what it meant. But now Impact Wrestling is pretty self-explanatory. It's wrestling and hopefully it's impactful. So I love the name change and I'm embracing it. And I think our fans will embrace it as well."

On Still Using The TNA Letters: "I'm still having all those details explained to me too. I think for corporate reasons, for business reasons, they can't just make a name change that quickly. But the Impact Zone is now the Impact Wrestling Zone. Impact Wrestling is what we say now when we're talking about the show. Some of the other things I'll have to see how they play out. But I for one am going to say the word Impact followed by the word Wrestling as often as I can."

On The Company's Growth: " Internationally we've definitely seen the growth. But sometimes, you know, every time we take a step forward we also take a step backwards. We have the same ratings that we had two and a half years ago. People sometimes get angry with the company because there's no one else out there and they say, "Oh that's a little group with limited talent and they're living up to their potential." I think the truth is that we have not lived up to our potential. And sometimes fans expect more out of us. And hopefully this name change will be the boost, the kick in the butt that makes us get more out of it."

You can check out the full interview at http://www.IGN.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment